E&C – Power System Planning Engineer 16231
Duration: 1 year contract
Location: Juno Beach, FL
No per diem
This position will support engineering activities for renewable and transmission projects within the Engineering and Construction department. Preferred candidate is responsible for providing power system analysis, steady-state and dynamic modeling, generation and transmission planning for all Wind, Solar, Battery Energy Storage and stand-alone transmission /substation projects within the Engineering and Construction group. Additional desired skills include experience in power flow analysis, stability studies, voltage studies, technical analysis of disturbances, implementation of regulatory reliability standards, and coordination of reliability and economic studies with the Regional Transmission Operator. Finally, the preferred candidate will represent NextEra’s interest while interfacing with ISO’s/Utilities/Muni’s/Regulatory agencies to understand and meet the requirements for new interconnections.
Employees in this role use experience, creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in anticipating and solving unprecedented problems. This job is responsible for making decisions and recommendations that are authoritative and have an important impact on extensive organizational activities. This position engages industry with current engineering challenges and drives discussions with internal and external engineers to drive solutions.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide technical expertise to all aspects of generation interconnection processes and operational requirements.
- Work closely with ISO’s/Utilities/Regulatory agencies to manage interconnection processes for NextEra facilities.
- Create and validate PSSE, PSLF and PSCAD models for solar, wind and battery projects.
- Perform and review steady state, dynamic, short circuit and other power system analyses for renewable facilities.
- Develop software tools that enhance system reliability and organizational efficiency
- Monitor dynamically changing requirements from regional agencies and advise stakeholders on the expected impacts.
- Ensure compliance with regional modeling requirements for new and existing generation projects.
- Contributes new designs or techniques that others within the industry regard as major advances in their area of expertise.
- Ensures implementation of standards, policies, training, and support of organization.
- Prepares communications, presentations and conducts meetings.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Knowledge of interconnection procedures as defined by ISO’s/Utilities/TOs across U.S.
- Experience with power system analysis tools including PSS/E, PSCAD, Aspen and GE PSLF software.
- Strong understanding of electrical engineering concepts such as power flow, stability, voltage regulation, reactive support etc.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com