Fix-It-Now (FIN) Engineer needed @ Vogtle 3&4
Describe the work environment for this assignment: Office setting that involves 75% construction field environment that will expose the individual to normal ambient temperatures. Position may include rotation on Night Shift.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university is preferred.
- Must be familiar with troubleshooting processes and techniques
- Must be able to navigate and read engineering drawings and calculations to extract relevant information
- Must be able to communicate technical problems and resolutions to Management
- Strong knowledge of PWR design and operation
- Minimum of five (5) years of operational power plant experience is required; nuclear is preferred
- Strong background in nuclear power systems and engineering or maintenance desire
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient use with Microsoft Office products, including Microsoft Teams, is required
- Experience with troubleshooting equipment and operational systems is strongly preferred
- Must be able to properly and efficiently prioritize work based on competing needs with short Project deadlines
- Project Management experience is preferred
Does this assignment have any physical requirements? Assignment may involve climbing ladders/stairs, prolonged walking/standing, and uneven walking surfaces traversing the construction site.
Does this position require unescorted access to the protected area of a nuclear plant? Yes
Estimated Start Date: 9/20/2021
Estimated Duration of Work Assignment (should not exceed 1 year): 6 months
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org