- Job Title: PMO – Construction Oversite Member
- Job Location: Vogtle 3&4, Waynesboro, GA
- Desired Qualifications:
The Construction Oversite Team Member is a key member of the Southern Nuclear field construction management team who is dedicated to ensuring project success in achieving project performance objectives plus on-schedule and on-budget major milestone accomplishment. Construction Oversite Team members interact frequently and directly with Vogtle 3&4 construction contractors at the Area Manager / General Superintendent / Superintendent levels in order to help those construction leaders succeed. The construction Oversite also interacts directly with the system completions team to help ensure success in turning systems over to the site testing team. The Construction members have a high level of initiative and are typically assigned to small teams that support site and nuclear construction accomplishment on both Plant Vogtle Units 3&4 to include back shift.
The work environment is an active heavy construction site and will include both office and field settings. Work will require exposure to heat/cold/rain, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Capable of acquiring and maintaining Nuclear Project clearance.
- Thorough understanding of construction management and project management.
- Thorough knowledge of construction scheduling, document control, and records requirements.
- Experience and skill in identifying problem areas, investigating alternative solutions, and determining solutions with appropriate paths forward in a dynamic and fast-paced construction environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with experience preparing clear, concise and impactful reports.
- Knowledge of construction practices, construction field management, Field Engineering, construction scheduling and Area Manager responsibilities.
- Strong familiarity with Standard Work Process Procedures.
- Experience with Nuclear or other major construction including Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Welding, HVAC, Fire Protection, Instrumentation and Control.
- Experience with system and/or component functional testing and turnover to commissioning.
- Project Management Professional training and certifications are a plus.
Education and Experience: Position typically requires a recognized degree in engineering, or construction, or a minimum of eight years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Responsibilities may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Develop a strong team relationship with contractor field leadership and management for assigned scopes of work in order to help the project succeed.
- Relentlessly pursue successful achievement of assigned major milestones.
- Understand the construction end-state, construction completion sequence options, and construction schedule by specified area, commodity, system, and milestone.
- Identify, pursue, and take advantage of opportunities to improve construction and project performance.
- Help manage value and seek to optimize the balance between cost and schedule performance.
- Provide leadership in helping get problems solved and establishing priorities for construction.
- Deliver insights to constituents and executives regarding contractor performance and project performance to ensure that the project is executed in accordance with project objectives, contract documents, and regulatory requirements.
- Communicate facts, required actions, trends, recommendations, questions and advice to constituents to inform and influence project decision-makers and help establish priorities for the project.
- Record and document areas where contractors are not meeting performance requirements in order to identify opportunities for cost recovery from errors, performance gaps and inefficiencies.
- Help optimize contractor resource allocation.
- Analyze project information in order to inform and influence project leaders and project outcomes.
- Define problems
- Determine significance
- Determine urgency
- Determine risks
- Offer solutions and coordinate efforts to achieve successful outcomes
- Does this assignment have any physical requirements?
- The assignment will require extended walking on pathways and hard/uneven surfaces, climbing stairs, periodic need to access elevated scaffolds, and work in an active construction environment.
- Is this position supporting a Government Related Project? No.
- Does this position require unescorted access to the protected area of a nuclear plant? Not currently, but it will in the near future.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org