|1. Job Title: Project Completion Coordinator
2. Job Location (site): Vogtle 3&4
¨ Describe the work environment for this assignment: Candidate will be working at an office setting environment and will be performing extensive field walk-downs as part of their job.
3. Desired Qualifications:
Strong problem-solving skills and fortitude to drive problems to resolution. P6, Maximo, PowerBI and Microsoft Office advance knowledge (i.e, Excel, Word, …). Ability to learn and apply knowledge of the AP1000 systems, structures, components, and areas.
4. Does this assignment have any physical requirements? Candidate will be required to meet the physical requirements of ability to safely walk on uneven surfaces, safely navigate over, under, or around obstacles, safely climb/descend ladders, safely access scaffolding, safely use fall protection harnesses and equipment.
5. Is this position supporting a Government Related Project? No
6. Does this position require unescorted access to the protected area of a nuclear plant? Yes
7. Estimated Start Date: ASAP
8. Estimated Duration of Work Assignment (should not exceed 1 year): 1 year
The Vogtle 3/4 Project Completion Coordinator is responsible for identifying, tracking, and driving to final resolution, any outstanding items required for construction completion, testing, and commissioning of systems, structures, components, and areas to support transition to unit operation. He or she understands the status, priority, and takes ownership for timely completion of his or her assigned areas or systems.
This is an individual contributor role with no direct reports.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Project Completion Coordinator’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Adhering to and supporting Health, Safety & Environmental Policies.
- Analyzing and making independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines.
- Assembling outstanding open items (punchlist items, exceptions, design debt, CAP items, engineering products, testing deficiency reports, etc.) and analyzing data regarding the completion status of systems, structures, components, and areas.
- Developing and monitoring metrics, reports, and other tools to track progress of construction completion, testing, and open item closure related to systems, structures, components, and areas.
- Raising organizational awareness when construction completion, testing, or closure of open items related to systems, structures, components, and areas is challenging schedule dates and/or project priorities.
- Reviewing and challenging content of schedules for construction completion, testing, and open item closure to ensure success in achieving project priorities and milestones.
- Organizing and facilitating meetings to ensure appropriate ownership and closure of actions required to close gaps and challenges in project completion.
- Organizing and facilitating cross-functional system and area plant walkdowns to assess completion progress and identify deficiencies and outstanding work items.
- Assembling final transition package for transition of systems, structures, and components to operations.
- Meeting expectations on attendance and punctuality.
- Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent in science, engineering, or technical field of study strongly desired.
- A minimum of three (3) years commercial nuclear plant experience in Operations, Work Management, Maintenance, or Engineering desired.
- A minimum of two (2) years of related experience in project management desired.
- A minimum of three (3) years of large construction project experience desired.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- PMP and project managing experience is strongly desired.
- Working knowledge of Primavera P6, Maximo, and PowerBI is strongly desired.
- Microsoft Office Specialist (Associate or Expert Level).
- Ability to read and understand isometrics, P&IDs and lead field walkdowns.
- Ability to effectively interface with personnel of different functional areas, companies, and organizational levels to identify and correct challenges to project completion.
- Ability to work effectively in team environment.
- Ability to adapt to rapid changes in priorities and work assignments.
- Ability to influence cross-functionally.
- Ability to use data inputs to develop tools and metrics for visual tracking of progress is strongly desired.
- Capability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors.
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of systems, structures, components, areas; as well as the requirements of their condition to support plant operation.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and fortitude to drive problems to resolution.
- Any applicant accepting this position will be required to meet background screening and security requirements.
- Any applicant accepting this position will be required to meet the physical requirements of the position; including at minimum:
- ability to safely walk on uneven surfaces
- ability to safely navigate over, under, or around obstacles (may require bending)
- ability to safely walk up and down stairs
- ability to safely climb and descend ladders
- ability to safely access scaffolding
- ability to safely use fall protection harnesses and equipment
- Any applicant accepting this position must ensure personal safety standards are understood and enforced and that assigned workers perform their work safely.