Contract Duration -2/1/2025
Location, Palm Beach Gardens, FL -No Per Diem
Pay Rate, $63.50
Project Coordinator – Job Description
PGD Central Maintenance – Special Projects
Position Specific Description
NextEra Energy Power Generation Division is seeking an experienced Project Coordinator to join the Central Maintenance – Special Projects organization. The ideal candidate will have experience in the construction/renewables industry, demonstrated experience in project management, and experience interfacing with a wide variety of stakeholder across multiple disciplines.
In this role, you will collaborate with and assist a lead Project Manager in a wide range of Wind Turbine construction projects as well as various technical/engineering projects. A technical background (understanding of mechanical/electrical aspects; field construction techniques, equipment, etc.) is preferred. Travel to projects in the field will be required (up to 25%), and the ability to become certified and climb a wind turbine will be required.
This role is on-site in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida unless travelling to a project.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with the planning and execution of Wind Turbine construction and technical/engineering projects
- Build and upkeep project schedules in Smartsheet
- Engage with outside vendors to determine material availability, execution schedule, and other items
- Meet with internal stakeholders regularly for on-going project status updates
- Prepare and host pre-bid/pre-construction meetings
- Travel to project sites to oversee execution of tasks and provide daily reports
- Climb wind turbines to validate execution of work depending on project scope
- Bachelor’s – Engineering or relevant field/construction experience
- Experience: 3+ years
- Ability to lift 35 lbs.
- Ability to become NextEra climb-certified and climb a Wind Turbine for engineering inspections and quality-of-work assurance
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certified
- Proficient in PM scheduling software (i.e., Microsoft Project, Smartsheet)
- Basic understanding of crane operations
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org