Project Management Consultant, 15810
Duration: 1 year contract
Position Specific Description
Our Engineering & Construction (E&C) Business Unit is looking for a Project Management Consultant to join their team in Juno Beach, FL. This position is responsible for daily project coordination of internal and external resources to support Development, Engineering, Estimating, Supply Chain, Scheduling, and Construction activities from pre-construction (Early Stage) up to the point of Construction for Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) projects within the Engineering and Construction Business Unit (E&C).
Day to day activities include but are not limited to:
- Critical coordination of highly matrixed project development teams to ensure resources are focused on the right activity at the right time to meet project schedule.
- Coordinating with environmental, regulatory, cultural, land acquisition, interconnection, etc., to ensure all project variables are identified and incorporated.
- Development of the project’s technical scope.
- Optimization of project variables to improve both technical and financial feasibility.
- Support origination and development teams with PPA and GIA negotiations.
- Support development teams with jurisdictional needs.
- Coordinate engineering, estimating and procurement requirements.
- Support the E&C engineering team with technical attributes for the development of designs.
- Support the E&C cost estimating team for development of financial model.
- Actively seek out and leverage market data to ensure the financial model is healthy.
- Present financial model to respective business unit(s) and actively manage financial model through executive budget approvals.
- Competitively source, negotiate and execute commercial contracts for critical services including geotechnical, survey, engineering, and EPC/PC construction services.
- Uphold and represent E&C’s interests on assigned projects.
- Regular presentations/briefing on current progress, issues, and risk mitigation in meetings with various levels of management.
- Ensure projects moving to the Construction stage can be turned over to the Construction Project Manager with an inclusive and executable construction plan.
This position is not focused on a single project, but rather the management of multiple projects all at varying stages. Current portfolio of projects spans the United States and Canada. Occasional travel is required to visit the assigned project locations and to support Development with local public hearings.
The selected candidate for this role should have excellent project management, communication, financial, analytical and problem-solving skills. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or Finance/Accounting with experience in related engineering and construction of renewable energy projects preferred. Experience with electricity markets, renewables, and/or battery projects is a plus. PMP Certification and advanced Excel skills are preferred.
This position assists in the overall management of assigned projects, to ensure compliance within required budgetary, scheduling, and safety goals. Employees in this role support construction work performed by contractors and/or vendors at the project site.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assesses productivity, schedule compliance, work quality, and safety performance on assigned projects.
- Participates in walk downs of planned work, validates acceptance of completed work to design requirements, and reviews contractor payment requests.
- Verifies constructability, ensures proper resource allocation, assesses field status, and resolves issues as needed.
- Coordinates project activities with vendors, suppliers, regulatory agencies, local community officials and the company
- Assists in scope control, budget oversight, resolution of technical issues, performance reporting, scheduling, and work-in-progress.
- Interfaces with landowners, local regulators, and state agencies
- Reinforces expectations related to safety, procedure compliance, lessons learned, corrective action and appropriate work behaviors for employees and contractor staff.
- Coordinates activities or groups such as safety programs, engineering, construction, budget, analysis and contract administration
- Interfaces with project’s designated management committee
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 3+ years
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Maintenance/Construction
Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC
Relocation Provided: No
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com