Transmission Line Principal Engineer, 15801
Duration: 1 year
Location: Remote or Juno Beach, FL
NextEra Energy Resources – E&C Position Description
Transmission Line Principal Engineer
Job Description: This position is responsible for the management of design for assigned transmission generation tie lines for Wind, Solar, and Battery Energy Storage, and for stand-alone transmission line projects.
- The Transmission Line Principal Engineer works in the Engineering & Construction (E&C) Group and is responsible for managing the design of transmission line projects from conception (Early Stage) through construction and commissioning (Execution). NextEra Energy Resources (NEER) does not have a self-performance design. Line design is performed by engineering consultants under the direction of the Transmission Line Principal Engineer. This role is limited to the transmission line. Others manage substation design, power systems analysis, protection, and control, etc.
- In the conceptual phase, the Transmission Line Principal Engineer works with the Early-Stage Project Manager to define and influence the project requirements and scope with the Development Group. Projects can begin as FERC 1000 competitive transmission project proposals, or as greenfield projects for NEER affiliates (Lone Star, GridLiance, FPL).
- The Transmission Line Principal Engineer must secure engineering consulting resources from a list of approved suppliers by developing a scope of work, securing bids, evaluating, and awarding work through NEER’s Integrated Supply Chain (ISC) Group.
- The Transmission Line Principal Engineer must coordinate with other project stakeholders to develop and secure a route, support the engineering data, and permits necessary to design and build the line, including geotechnical and lidar data. Activities include competitively sourcing, selecting and contracting geotechnical, survey, engineering, and construction services, and supporting the E&C Cost Estimating Team with scope assumptions.
- The Transmission Line Principal Engineer is responsible for coordinating the engineering deliverables in support of competitive proposals, as well as design and construction of projects. Deliverables include Issued for Bid, Issued for Procurement, Issued for Construction, and As-built drawings, design criteria, and contributions to proposal documents (RFP).
- The position requires coordination with other groups to ensure the projects are successful. Generally responsible for representing E&C’s internal and external interests on assigned projects, including presentations/briefing on current progress, issues, and risk mitigation in meetings with various levels of management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Civil/Structural Engineering.
- Minimum of 7 years of direct experience in the development, design, engineering, and construction of High Voltage Transmission line projects.
- The ideal candidate must have a strong knowledge of transmission design, excellent communication and project management skills, a bias for action, proven analytical and problem-solving skills, and an ability to provide value engineering and ensure design quality.
- The position requires technical competence such as the ability to understand one line and three-line diagrams, general arrangements, plan and profiles and other common deliverables.
- Travel required within North America.
- Project Engineering and/or Project Management experience with a strong bias for action. PMP and/or P.E. in related disciplines is a plus.
- Proficiency with standard industry tools such as PLSCADD, Microsoft products, Auto-CAD, Primavera and other software is strongly desired.
Job Overview Job Duties & Responsibilities: Competencies – Technical Excellence, Strong Work Ethic, Leadership, strong oral and written communication, Decision Making, Compliance, Influential, Mentor, Business Acumen, Integrity, Adaptability, Focus on Customers, Problem Solving, Strategic Thinking, Project Management, Managing and Improving Processes.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com