NextEra Energy Partners has signed a deal to acquire 49% interest in Emerald Breeze which has approximately 1.5 GW of solar and wind generation resources across Texas, Oklahoma, New York, and Nevada.
These assets are worth $805 million:
- Great Prairie Wind, an approximately 1,029 MW wind generation facility located in Texas and Oklahoma.
- Appaloosa Run Wind, an approximately 172 MW wind generation facility located in Texas.
- Eight Point Wind, an approximately 111 MW wind generation facility located in New York.
- Yellow Pine Solar, an approximately 125 MW solar generation and 65 MW storage facility located in Nevada.
In addition, NextEra also acquires 100% of the indirect membership interests in ~345 MW portfolio of operating wind projects.
- Elk City Wind II, an approximately 107 MW wind generation facility in Oklahoma.
- Sac County Wind, an approximately 80 MW wind generation facility in Iowa.
- Sholes Wind, an approximately 160 MW wind generation facility in Nebraska.
At the time of the closing, all the projects other than Appaloosa Run Wind, Eight Point Wind, and Yellow Pine Solar are operational. Appaloosa Run Wind and Eight Point Wind are expected to be in service in December 2022, and Yellow Pine Solar is scheduled for operation in the 4th quarter of 2023.
Picture Credit: Karsten Wurth / Unsplash