Georgia Power has released their latest timeline video showcasing the Vogtle 3&4 construction progress in the first quarter of 2016. Now more than 60% complete based on contractual milestones, progress becomes more visible every day. The video includes:
- Insights from Mark Rauckhorst, executive vice president of construction, including progress and the positive impact of the recent settlement agreement on daily work at the site. In addition, Fran Forehand, Georgia Power East Region vice president, shares the various ways Plant Vogtle employees are engaging the local community including $320,000 recently raised for United Way.
- Progress across the construction site in the first quarter including the placement of more than 1,800 cubic yards of concrete to fill the walls of the Unit 3 CA20 module that will house various plant components, including the used fuel storage area.
- Continued progress on the cooling towers for both units and the preparation of the Unit 3 CA03 module that will form one wall of the end containment refueling water storage tank is ready for placement.
- A look inside the modular assembly building where workers are completing 11 submodules for the Unit 4 CA01 module and continuing work on submodules for Unit 4 CA20.
- The filing of the 14th Vogtle Construction Monitoring (VCM) report with the Georgia Public Service Commission (PSC) in February.